Wednesday, January 31, 2007

How to Write Long Posts

We all have friends who If you ask them one question you will get a very long answers. These friends of ours never seem to run out of things to say. I myself enjoy being with these type of people because even if I just stay quiet, the conversation would go on. I don’t even have to provide my input. All I need to do is just show them that I’m listening attentively and everything will be okay.

I believe these people would make wonderful bloggers. They would have no problem writing long posts. After all, writing is just another form of talking.

But what if you are the quiet type who is used to answering everything in one sentence? How do you write long posts?

Fortunately, there is one technique we can steal from journalists.

Just remember one H and four Ws.

What – Tell your readers what your post is all about.

Where – If you are writing about an event or an incident you can write its location or the venue.

When – Write when it happened or when it would be happening.

Why – Explain the reason for your subject. Why are they conducting seminar? Why they think about starting this business? Why did they take this course of action?

How – Write how your chosen subject is done or how the action was done. How did they go about the crime? How do you cook beef stew? How do you make candles? How do you define an array?

Using this technique we would be able to expand our posts.

No comments: